The IRS website has a wealth of information outside of just tax filing information. Here are some things you can find on the site that might help you as a taxpayer:
- The Taxpayer Bill of Rights – This set of fundamental rights tells you what to expect when dealing with the IRS.
- Resources on how to apply for 501(c)(3) status – There are webinars and resources to help organizations apply for and maintain their tax-exempt status.
- Information on IRS tax volunteer opportunities – Learn how to give back and help people file their taxes.
- Information on the latest tax scams – Know what to look out for and how to stay safe.
- The Interactive Tax Assistant – Get personalized answers to your tax questions.
*This information is not intended to substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov5
Footnotes and Sources
- IRS.gov, September 26, 2022