While the IRS website might not be in your top bookmarks, the website is helpful for a lot of things regarding taxes. Here are just a few things you can do on the site:
- Use Free File, where you can access brand-name tax software and online fillable forms.
- Use the IRS e-file system: a safe, easy, and common way to file your tax return.
- Check the status of your tax refund.
- Find out how to make payments electronically to pay your federal taxes. You can use a credit or debit card or enroll in the US Treasury’s Electronic Federal Tax Payment System to pay your taxes.
- Get tax forms and publications, including helpful tips for frequently asked questions.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific, individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov7
Footnotes and Sources
- IRS.gov, March 20, 2020