Did you know that the IRS has an app that makes it easy to check some things off your tax to-do list? Using the app, you can:
- Check your refund status. Your refund status is available within 24 hours after the IRS receives your e-filed return (or four weeks after receiving a paper return).
- Access IRS Free File. Free File is a tax prep software for taxpayers whose 2021 total adjusted gross income was $73,000 or less.
- Find payment options, including IRS Direct Pay which allows you to pay tax bills directly from your bank account.
- Get tax help.
- Stay up to date with updates from the IRS.
* This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax advice. We suggest that you discuss your specific tax issues with a qualified tax professional.
Tip adapted from IRS.gov6
Footnotes and Sources
- IRS.gov, July 25, 2022